Study Guides (254,068)
US (125,730)
Clemson U (620)
HIST (16)
HIST 3240 (2)
Andrew (2)
Study Guide

HIST 3240- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 22 pages long!)
Premium

22 Pages

Department
History
Course Code
HIST 3240
Professor
Andrew

This preview shows pages 1-4. Sign up to view the full 22 pages of the document.
Page: of

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
[HIST 3240] Comprehensive Spring guide including any lecture notes, textbook notes and exam guides.find more resources at oneclass.com Reconstruction Besides the civil war, reconstruction was most chaotic and important events in the South Set the stage for the South for the century End of civil war 1865 ▯▯▯,▯▯▯ you▯g ▯e▯ of ▯ilitary age dead, others ▯ho ▯ere▯’t dead ▯ere ▯ou▯ded almost every white family in South were affected by loss of a loved one wealth in South decreased, wealth in North increased white southerners want to rejoin the Union with white supremacy scalawags: southern white Republicans hated by whites and considered traitors Carpet baggers: Northerners who came to the South to either take profits or to help Black southerners want equal rights, land ownership Radical republicans: belive in full equality of blacks, and they know that they will vote for republicnas, believe the South needs to be punished Two questions: 1 what is going to happen to ex confederates 2 what is going to happen to freedmen 1 confederates kept fighting because they refused to be in yankee prisons surrender terms were lenient confederates had to swear to never fight the U.S., go home, obey laws ▯ Preside▯t Joh▯so▯’s a▯▯esty de▯laratio▯ Johnson had blanket amnesty for ex confederates, full citizenship rights are given back, excluded confederate generals, confederate government officials, anyone who owned more than $20,000 property 3 Presidential reconstruction 3 part plan for South to rejoin 1 unionist to be governor 2 new state constitution 3 ratify 13 amendment does not give blacks rights to vote, hold office, have guns black codes: state constitutions a▯olished sla▯ery did▯’t gi▯e ▯la▯ks all rights ▯la▯ks ▯ould▯’t ▯e sla▯es they could not be full citizens maintain social order so▯e state go▯er▯ors asked ge▯erals ▯ot to e▯for▯e ▯la▯k ▯odes ▯e▯ause they ▯ould▯’t ha▯e been popular in the North ▯la▯k ▯odes did▯’t last find more resources at oneclass.com
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only pages 1-4 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit