MKT 361- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 54 pages long!)

89 views54 pages

Document Summary

Set of value-seeking activities that take place as people go about addressing and attempting to address real needs. Sociology: decisions made as individual vs. in a group. Quantitative research: uses formal questions and predetermined response options in questionnaires administered to large number of respondents: surveys, experiments. Qualitative research methods: seeks to understand research participants rather than to fit their answers into predetermined categories: in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnography, other projection techniques. Ethnography: records behavior in natural settings: often involves extended experience in a cultural or subcultural context, observation. Balloon test: implicit way of understanding how consumers think. Comparison techniques: often used to uncover consumer perceptions of brands. Technology: how can smartphones change engagement with consumers: communication, demographics, economy. Value is the personal assessment of the net worth a consumer obtains from an activity. Value is subjective (amount of value depends on the person) Memory: i may like something because it reminds me of my childhood.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers