PSYC 350- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 32 pages long!)

80 views32 pages

Document Summary

Principles of adaptive behavior: primitive (occurring early in evolution) adaptations to local environments, kineses: random movement in response to stimulation, examples, the roly poly insect moves randomly in response to humidity. It (cid:272)a(cid:374)"t sur(cid:448)i(cid:448)e i(cid:374) dry e(cid:374)(cid:448)iro(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)ts; the dryer the air, the more rapidly it moves in search of moisture. Innate: not subject to experience and no learning required, although faps, taxes, and kineses are all examples of reflexes (where a stimulus produces a behavior), faps are much more complex. The dogs were harnessed and had food powder shot into mouth by a device controlled by experimenter. But after the cs and us are paired, the us alone produces a conditioned response (cr), which is a form of the ur: e. g. food (us) becomes associated with experimenter (cs) If you have very few pairings of cs and us, the latency is infinite (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause i(cid:374)itially the cr does(cid:374)"t happe(cid:374: after pairing, the latency decreases (the time interval.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers