PSY-2012 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Visual Imagination, Internal Monologue, Tachycardia

85 views12 pages

Document Summary

Somatic: interacts with outside environments: sends signals from sense organs and skin to the cns, sends signals from cns to skeletal muscles to cause voluntary muscle contraction. Autonomic: co(cid:374)(cid:374)e(cid:272)ts cn to s(cid:373)ooth i(cid:374)(cid:448)olu(cid:374)tar(cid:455) (cid:373)us(cid:272)les a(cid:374)d orga(cid:374)s a(cid:374)d to (cid:271)od(cid:455)"s hor(cid:373)o(cid:374)e producing glands, two components: parasympathetic and sympathetic, rest and digest and fight or flight. Parietal lobe: specialized for touch and perception and contains somatosensory cortex, sensitive to pressure pain and temperature, communicates info to the motor cortex every time we reach, grasp or move our eyes. Temporal lobe: plays a role in hearing and understanding language, autobiographical memories, contains auditory cortex and wer(cid:374)i(cid:272)ke"s area for comprehension of speech, wer(cid:374)i(cid:272)ke"s aphasia, reading severely impaired, writing is often similar or worse impairments as speaking. Occipital lobe: specialized for vision and contains the visual cortex. Basal ganglia: forebrain structure that helps us control ____________, allows us to preform movements to obtain rewards and reinforcements, damage contributes to parki(cid:374)so(cid:374)"s disease.