STAT 101 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Standard Deviation, Confidence Interval, Binomial Distribution

324 views2 pages

Document Summary

Question 5: a clinical trial tests a method designed to increase the probability of conceiving a girl. In the study 540 babies were born, and 297 of them were girls. Use the sample data to construct a 99% confidence interval estimate of the percentage of girls born. Corrections: sample proportion = p-hat = 297/540 = 0. 55. 99% confidence interval: 0. 55-0. 055 < p < 0. 55+0. 055. Question 11: refer to the values of heating degree days in the accompanying table and determine whether the data have a normal distribution. Assume that this requirement is loose in the sense that the population distribution need not be exactly normal, but it must be a distribution that is roughly bell-shaped. The histogram departs dramatically from a bell shape. Corrections: i believe i just inputted the numbers incorrectly on this question. Once i redid the problem, correctly putting in the data. I can see that histogram resembles roughly a bell-shape.