GEOL 1003 : Geology Test 5

7 views18 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Large reefs form: continued growth of western na, age of the cycads . One of three tree types dominating early mesozoic forests: dinosaurs rise to dominance. Terrestrial marine: had fin-like tail, end-triassic me, 50% of marine genera, conogonts, placodonts, therapsid me, first carnivorous dinos appeared 30ka after the end of the. Triassic me: within 100ka dinos attained high level of diversity, what was the cause of this me, pangaea began rifting. Large amount of magma erupted within or along fault block basins. Radiometric ages: 191-205 ma: volcanism released co2. Raised temperature: coincides with regression-transgression (anoxic?, fossil plants reveal higher atmco2. Inversely related to atmco2: late triassic me opened new niches (previously occupied, dinos rose and became immensely successful. Trackways confirm, l and r foot tracks are nearly in line. Biota (terrestrial: gymnosperms dominated early meso flora, permian me quickened the decline of spore plants, gymnosperms then rise to abundance, at first, lycopods and ferns dominated, trees were mostly gymnosperms.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers