Test 2 ReviewExam
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
Test 2 Review:
1. Which three amendments to the US Constitution are known as the reconstruction
a. The 8th, 9th, and 10th
b. The 13th, 14th, and 15th
c. The 18th, 19th, and 20th
d. None of the above
2. The United States Supreme Court’s finding in the matter of Plessy v. Ferguson is best
described by which of the following brief phrases?
a. Separate but equal accommodations are constitutional
b. Due process and equal protection under the law is the right of all citizens
c. A black man has no rights which any white man is bound to respect
d. Interstate commerce can only be regulated by federal authorities
3. What was the name of the decommission ironblad gunboat that was purchased by a
“generous friend of the state” and used by federal forces and Metropolitan Police to round up
suspects un the aftermath of the Colfax Massacre?
a. The Hot Springs
b. The Ozark
c. The Hunley
d. The Mansfield Lovell
4. What was the name of the plantation that Amanda Stone oversaw in Carroll Parish,
a. Little Eva
b. Oak Alley
d. Poverty Point
5. What was the union officer who guided US Naval forces up the Mississippi River past the
Confederate Fort Jackson and St. Philip to New Orleans in April, 1862?
a. PGT Beauregard
b. David Farragut
c. Benjamin Butler
d. Nathanael Banks
6. In the period following construction, reactionary, white supremacist politicians in Louisiana
were sometimes called:
a. Fire Eaters
b. Liberal Democrats
c. Bourbon Democrats
d. Radical Republicans
7. What year did Louisiana’s first major oil discovery occur?
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version