POLI 2051 : Agf10 Ex1review

7 views4 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Course
Professor
Exam 1 review
For the most part, the exam is over topics covered in the lecture, although I refer you to
the book occasionally in this review. The items with a * by them are topics that have
given students trouble on this exam in the past.
Chapter 1 -
What is government and why do we have it?
definitions of government and politics
social contract theory can help answer the why question
normative and empirical theories
Purposes of government
protecting life
rights and liberties
providing public goods
promoting equality
These things can conflict: differences can be understood in terms of
* political ideology - know the definition and the four ideologies I described in
class and the table showing you how to tell the difference between the four.
liberal
conservative
populist
libertarian
Also, know the different stages of the policy process and the institutions and processes
that compose each. Know also the analytical framework the book employs; know the
four factors and examples of each.
Finally, there will be a question on the Requirements for a democracy it’s in the text
and we talked about it in class (we focused on popular sovereignty). Also, know the
delegate vs. trustee distinction I made here.
Chapter 2 - Constitution
Definition and the four basic political principles it embodies
republicanism
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 4 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

For the most part, the exam is over topics covered in the lecture, although i refer you to the book occasionally in this review. The items with a * by them are topics that have given students trouble on this exam in the past. Purposes of government social contract theory can help answer the why question definitions of government and politics normative and empirical theories protecting life rights and liberties providing public goods promoting equality. Also, know the different stages of the policy process and the institutions and processes that compose each. Know also the analytical framework the book employs; know the four factors and examples of each. Finally, there will be a question on the requirements for a democracy it"s in the text and we talked about it in class (we focused on popular sovereignty). Also, know the delegate vs. trustee distinction i made here. Definition and the four basic political principles it embodies republicanism.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers