PSYC 3050 : Exam 1 Study Guide

8 views24 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Objectives on test: chapter 1 -5: introduction, 2) research methods, 3) job analysis, 4) criterion measurement and 5) Industrial/organizational (i/o) psychology = the application of psychological principles and theories to the workplace. Industrial psychology (personal psychology) is associated with job analysis, training, selection, and performance measurement/appraisal. Organizational psychology deals with motivation, work attitudes, and leadership, as well as the structure, culture, and process of organizations. Different from business degrees: focus on research, quant methods, and testing. Also looks at factors affecting people in organizations and the. The society for industrial and organizational psychology (siop), division 14 of the american psychological association (apa), is the professional association with which most i/o psychologists affiliate. The siop publishes guidelines that stipulate that the underlying approach to training i/o psychologists is the scientist/practitioner model, which maintains that i/o psychologists are often both the generators of knowledge (scientists) and the consumers of such knowledge (practitioners). Training must be focused on both theory and application.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers