[HST 296] - Midterm Exam Guide - Everything you need to know! (25 pages long)

176 views25 pages
5 Oct 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The mushroom cloud and the iron curtain: the cover story that never was, innovations of the war a. i) radio detection and ranging (radar) (a. i. 1) Led to many civilian applications (a. i. 2) (a. i. 2. a) (a. i. 2. b) (a. i. 2. c) Radio won the war even if the bomb had ended it a. ii) Origin of the space race a. iii) military medicine (a. iii. 1) (a. iii. 2) (a. iii. 3) (a. iii. 4) miracle dust to eliminate malaria. Chemotherapy: the bomb b. i)ended the war b. ii) hiroshima and nagasaki. N-70,00 dead (b. ii. 1) (b. ii. 2) b. iii) a primary factor in japan"s surrender (b. iii. 1) ussr declaration of war was another factor b. iv) mushroom cloud (b. iv. 1) Term used to suggest natural event rather than man-made destruction b. v) ushered in the atomic age b. vi) ended an empire: berlin. Long process of recovery c. i) destroyed and turned in to rubble c. ii) c. iii) citizens were hungry and miserable c. iv) death of an empire c. v) Iron curtain was created: the war and superpowers, destruction post ww2 a. i) continental europe (britain, ussr, etc. ) (a. i. 1) (a. i. 2)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers