MKT 317 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Null Hypothesis, Type I And Type Ii Errors, Variance

115 views17 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Hypotheses: a statement that specifies some testable relationship among variables always stated in population parameters, not sample statistics. Greeks letters, whereas sample statistics is english letters: null. A statement of no difference, no effect, no relationship, or independence among the variables. A statement in which a difference effect, relationship, or dependence expected i. 1. height & eye color no relation i. 2. height & weight correlation. Identify the specific claim or hypotheses to be tested and put it into symbolic form. Give the symbolic form of the claim that must be true when the original claim is false. Of the two symbolic expressions obtained so far, let the null hypothesis (h0) be the one that contains some form of equality (=, , or ) The other symbolic expression becomes the alternative hypothesis (h1) Claim: the population of u. s. commercial aircraft has an average age of 10 years or less.