TC 101 Exam 1 Review.docx

5 Pages
Unlock Document

Michigan State University
TC 101

TC 101 Exam 1 Review 2/5/2013 7:20:00 AM Spiral of Silence- Minority and majority point of you. Spiral is the minority so, the majority silences them. Since silent, that opinion spirals down. SMCR- Sender message channel receiver model  Sender- Who is portraying the information  Message- What is the context of info  Channel- How it is reported  Receiver- Who is reading it Agenda Setting- The news chooses what people to think about and what is important according to what they report Hi/Low Need for Cognition-  Hi- work and think through things o Don’t go through gut instincts o i.e big purchase big decision  Low- don’t really work things out o Go with your gut o Quick decisions i.e., what to eat Dates and time periods** Chinese and korean’s developed first printing press Interpersonal- one on one communication Intrapersonal- within a group Steretoyping is the formation of generalizations about a group of people based on ill intentions. Hegemony- status quo  Keeping things the way that they are  People in power want to stay in power’  Synchronous communication  Communication that occurs at the same time  i.e., talking over the phone Asynchronous communication  Communication that happens over a period of time  i.e., emails, texts (sometimes), voicemails Newspapers  Zenger Trial- creates first amendment o Went to trial b/c the governor didn’t like what he wrote
More Less

Related notes for TC 101

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.