CRIM 2100 Study Guide - Final Guide: Thermographic Camera, Exclusionary Rule, Affidavit

78 views9 pages

Document Summary

Basis of knowledge officer had worked for 29 in law enforcement and had recently been working as special employee for narcotics bureau and had always been accurate b. ii. Voracity and credibility officer gave very detailed and accurate description of suspect, even saying what train he was gonna take b. iii. Info rose from hearsay to level of probable cause: spinelli c. i. Presence of a self verifying detail makes up for deficiencies in aguilar test: gates d. i. Overruled aguilar-spinelli, brought back totality of circumstances, except in mass where aguilar is still used d. ii. With or without warrant, all 3 require probable cause: atwater d. i. Had probable cause that payton murdered someone; didn"t have warrant but went to arrest him anyway; used crowbar to enter when no one answered and seized bullet casings e. ii. Without exigent circumstances, warrantless entries into homes are unconstitutional, even if there"s probable cause to support arrest e. iii.