ACCT 2203 Study Guide - Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Financial Statement

92 views8 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Accounting 2203 sections 001 - 008 course syllabus spring 2013. I have received, read, and understand the acct 2203 syllabus. I agree to abide by the academic integrity policy provided by oklahoma state. I am enrolled in acct 2203 section ___________ What is accounting? (cid:1) accounting is: (cid:2) the system(s) used by an organization to collect and process (analyze, measure, and record) financial and relevant non-financial information about an organization, and to report that information to decision-makers. Categories of accounting systems (cid:1) financial accounting (cid:2) purpose: users outside of an organization (cid:1) managerial accounting (our focus) (cid:2) purpose: users inside of an organization (cid:2) three broad objectives (cid:1) planning (cid:1) controlling (cid:1) decision making. Externally focused: must follow externally imposed rules (e. g. , gaap, objective financial information. Information about the firm as a whole: more self-contained. Internal evaluation and decisions based on very detailed information.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers