MUSIC 005 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, Ternary Form, Symphonie Fantastique

70 views5 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Equality of voices (each instrument plays the theme) Exposition is repeated to help you remember parts. Mozart, piano concerto in g major, k. 453, movement i. Cadenza (when he is just playing the piano and orchestra stops) *******mozart, don giovanni, act i, scene 2, elvira"s rage aria. ********mozart, don giovanni, act i, scene 2, leporello"s catalogue aria. 5 in c minor, movements i-iv (note: you must be able to distinguish among the four movements) 1st movement: 4 note motive unifies the moment (short short long long); huge coda in development section. 2nd movement: slow; relief from intensity then motive returns; pairs of variation. 3rd movement: scherzo and trio; motive returns; has no ending. 4th movement: c major; massive sonata form; motive return; return of music from the 3rd movement. Through-composed: a narrator and three characters, who each have different music. Schumann, a poet"s love, in the lovely month of may .