ANSC 10200 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Five Freedoms, Gestation, Feedlot

55 views4 pages

Document Summary

Animal welfare: define animal welfare, state of an animal regarding its attempts to cope with its environment, five freedoms, freedom from hunger and thirst i. Ready to access water and diet to maintain health and vigor: freedom from discomfort i. Providing appropriate environment: freedom from pain, injury, and disease i. By prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment: freedom to express normal behavior i. By providing sufficient space, proper facilities and appropriate company of the animal"s own kind: freedom from fear and distress i. By ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering: three circles model, basic health and biological functioning. Basic biology, basic life functions i: affective state i. Can they do natural functions: current issues, veal, pigs, and laying hen space requirements i. ii. Science provides info: movement/activity, group and individual, vocalizations, basic health, body weight and condition, disease, behavioral methods, physiology, acute vs chronic stress, acute i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers