01:450:102 Study Guide - Final Guide: Overproduction, Periphery Countries, Public Broadcasting

345 views10 pages

Document Summary

Exam 1: environmental thought, silent spring for environmental movement a. i. a. ii. raised awareness about environmental problems associated with pesticide use, al gore" movie an inconvenient truth b. i. Provides a list of things the viewer can do to help protect environmental quality and save the planet b. i. 1. 1960s, at the birth of the environmental movement and the first earth day b. i. 2. Even if the idea of individual responsibility dominates the way we think about the environment today, this hasn"t always been the case: malthusian crisis c. i. Belief: population size will eventually increase beyond our ability to produce sufficient food: origins, magma circulation a. i. Responsible for producing earths magnetic field and the movement of tectonic plates: early part of the earth b. i. responsible for cooling ocean surface temperatures and general cooling and drying of the planet b. i. 1. Circulation of water around antartica when south america and. Responsible for producing heat that remains at the earth"s core b. ii. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers