CHAD 060 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Ecological Systems Theory, Information Processing Theory, Psychodynamics

19 views5 pages

Document Summary

By freud, thinks this is based off of conflict, drives for sex. Not accepted theory erikson/ held up to an extent: psychosocial: conflicts between what you want and what the world gives you, behaviorist: learning by associating behavior and consequence, social learning : learning by associating behavior and consequence directly and. Skinner- direct rewards// classical conditioning i. indirectly through observation and modeling i. Zone of proximal development : gap between what a child can do by themselves vs what they can accomplish when interacting with others more competent g. Information processing theory : explains development and behavior by how children process, store, organize, retrieve, and manipulate information. Important in the discussion of cognitive development and emotional regulation: dynamic systems theory : evaluates how complex behaviors arise from an interaction of i. less complex behaviors i. Breaking down small things to see how they lead to big things.