B LAW 220 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: In Pari Delicto, Unconscionability, Quasi-Contract

130 views5 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Definitions/general concepts: common law the old law when it first developed, executory contract; executed contract executory still going on. Executed done: implied contract; express contract, voidable contract; void contract, burden of proof defendant must be beyond a reasonable doubt. Attorney in fact gives the power of attorney. Must give the power of attorney before you go crazy. Bilateral contract, unilateral and quasi unilateral performance. Quasi little boy is hiding, doesn"t stop them. The court forces the party to performance and unjust enrichment. Agreements to make a contract at a future date. Ex: i"ll sell as many cars as i want to. Cant be a contract: communication of offer to offeree. Termination of an offer: conduct of the offeror. Under the old/common lawyou can take back the offer after b. Option contracts: offeree rejects the offer, counter-offer by offeree. Death of offeror or offeree, before and after contract formation i have a contract with you but i die.