PSC 202 Study Guide - Falsifiability, Behavioralism, Blackboard

75 views48 pages

Document Summary

Tips for brainstorming: ask yourself, why did i become a political science major, what things puzzle me about the political world, what news stories do i find most interesting, look through introductory textbooks, go back to the syllabus of a favorite course, read through newspapers or political blogs for items that interest you. Try to fill in the blanks: i believe that _________ causes/explains __________, i believe that the political party identification of one"s parents predicts one"s own political party identification, example paper, hypothesis: members of congress from wealthier districts are more likely to support environmental legislation than those from poorer districts, party id of member of congress is an alternative factor that must be controlled, data: Add a point for each time the respondent"s answer matches the properties that identify a religious person: always attends religious services (y/n, says religion is most important thing in life (y/n, prays regularly (y/n, believes in supreme deity (y/n, measurement issues.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers