[POSC 209] - Final Exam Guide - Ultimate 29 pages long Study Guide!

55 views29 pages

Document Summary

End of civil war to end of 1900s from apprenticeship to law school. 200 accredited law school: american bar association, association of american law. Getting accepted into law school: grade point average, law school admissions test, letters of recommendation. Law school: full time 3 years, 1. 5 2 years required courses, year 3 is electives, specializations, & experience. Reading excerpts from appellate cases & brief a. i. 1. a. i. 2. a. i. 3: socratic method. Graduation does not make you a lawyer. Becoming a lawyer: pass bar exam a. i. Part 1: essay state laws, legal ethics. Part 2: multi-state bar exam 200 multiple choice, general law knowledge a. i. 4. a. i. 5. 2/3 of states = integrated bar associations a. ii. 1. All lawyers in state must be a part of state bar associations a. ii. 2. Don"t have to be a part of bar association a. iii. 2. Component of state govt. that gives bar exam a. iii. 3. Maryland is a voluntary state (board of law examiners: good moral character according to that state.