PSY 207 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Central Tendency, Standard Deviation, Speedstep

56 views4 pages
26 Feb 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Experimental method vs. correlational method: correlational: observe two variables as they naturally exist. Experimental: manipulate one variable and observe a second variable to see if the manipulation caused changes to occur. Controls the research situation to eliminate other extraneous variables as explanations of the relationship being examined. Random randoms: random assignment is after the sample has been selected from the population (randomly or otherwise) It is (cid:449)hat (cid:449)e use to de(cid:272)ide (cid:449)ho gets assig(cid:374)ed i(cid:374)to (cid:449)hi(cid:272)h group (cid:894)thi(cid:374)k (cid:449)ho"s i(cid:374) (cid:272)o(cid:374)trol group vs. (cid:449)ho"s i(cid:374) e(cid:454)peri(cid:373)e(cid:374)tal group(cid:895) It is a type of control that experimenters use to make sure that the groups created are equal. Statistics vs. parameters & sample vs. population: population: set of all individuals of interest in a particular study, population characteristics are called parameters. Sample: set of individuals selected from a population. Statistics are denoted by letters the sample average is an x w/a bar over it.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers