PSY 322 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Bipolar Ii Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Cyclothymia

57 views2 pages

Document Summary

Lectures 7 & 8/ch 6 anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorders. What is it (what are obsessions, what are compulsions) Lectures 9 & 10/ch 7 - mood disorders. Depressions that do not warrant an official diagnosis. Mde specifiers - know the general characteristics for each. What is dysthymic disorder (i. e. , persistent depressive disorder) Be able to differentiate between bipolar i, bipolar ii, and cyclothymic disorder. Differences between mdes in major depressive disorder and bipolar disorders. Who has the highest rates, gender differences, impact of mdd. Statistics regarding anxiety preceding depression, vs. depression preceding anxiety. Key things to focus on when outlining these disorders: what are the differences and commonalities between the disorders. You do not need to focus on memorizing specific dsm criteria, just have a general sense of what the disorder is, and be able to recognize it if i present a case example.