MKT 340 Study Guide - Spring 2018, Comprehensive Midterm Notes - Logic, Trust Law, Time

54 views33 pages
MKT 340
MIDTERM EXAM
STUDY GUIDE
Fall 2018
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-3 of the document.
Unlock all 33 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
Unlock document

I.
A. Perceptions of sales people are 96% negative. Study was repeated and it dropped to
95% negative; The law tends to be reactive instead of proactive. People tend to
remember the negatives more than the positives.
B. When there are so few barriers of entry, ou hae people doig it that should’t.
C. Yes, but it will take generations
II.
A. I idusties that hae eputatios that ae’t that geat, those ho do ell ted to do
very well.
Why learn about it? 1. Everyone sells 2. Conduits (connectors). Sales people are the
connections between the clients they represent and the company they represent 3. Role
in the marketing mix.
People never change their minds, they make a new decision based on new information
The more valuable the item, the more valuable the salesperson
B. 1. Sell 2. Service 3. Provide information in both directions (to clients and to companies)
C. Some people sell to new while others sell to existing or continuingIt is better to sell to
new than to existing
Order takers: someone who works behind a cash registers, wears a uniform, etc. VS.
Order makers: people that act like small business owners
Field: go to their clients (more profitable because of less overhead) vs. Inside: clients
come to them
Consumer: sell to the end user VS. business: sell to resellers
D. Motivation: external (money, power, recognition) VS. internal (set of standards that are
ell aoe hat’s epeted of the ad pefo at that leel—these people tend to do
better in life and tend to have a lot of externally motivated people work for them)
Dependable: word is bond, no exceptionsget in the habit of under promising and over
delivering
Ethical:
Customer and Product Knowledge: he ou loe hat ou do, ou’ll e good at it
Flexible: a function of maturity
Communication Skills: a good communicator is someone that can take a complex
concept and break it down so that everyone can understand it
Emotional Intelligence: the ability to anticipate human behavior before it happens. Also
known as the study of human moves.
You studied the ath hile I studied ou.
E. Most people lie lies i uiet despeatios. It’s a oiatio of o esus ade ut
leads more toward made
F. Independence: most sellers control their own calendars. People who are self-employed
who cannot manage their time will eventually end up working for someone else who
knows how to manage theirs
Responsibility: totally different from liability
Fiaial: i ost opaies, thee’s o liit to ho uh a sales peso a ake
monetarily
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

Sales Management: the best sells managers ae’t tpiall the est sells pesos. If
ou’e tul geat at hat ou do, ou a’t taslate it to othes
III.
No, ou do’t eed a ollege eduatio to e salespeso, ut it helps.
Unlock document

Document Summary

Ii: perceptions of sales people are 96% negative. 95% negative; the law tends to be reactive instead of proactive. Sales people are the connections between the clients they represent and the company they represent 3. People never change their minds, they make a new decision based on new information. The more valuable the item, the more valuable the salesperson: 1. Provide information in both directions (to clients and to companies: some people sell to new while others sell to existing or continuing it is better to sell to new than to existing. Order takers: someone who works behind a cash registers, wears a uniform, etc. Order makers: people that act like small business owners. Field: go to their clients (more profitable because of less overhead) vs. Dependable: word is bond, no exceptions get in the habit of under promising and over delivering. Customer and product knowledge: (cid:449)he(cid:374) (cid:455)ou lo(cid:448)e (cid:449)hat (cid:455)ou do, (cid:455)ou"ll (cid:271)e good at it.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers