PHI 2010 Study Guide - Final Guide: Cornel West, Evil Demon, Black Nationalism

208 views3 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Believes in changing the laws, changing the government by any means necessary, and black nationalism. Believes in non-violent protest and civil obedience regarding unjust. Cornel west believes that racial discrimination affects aspects of the colored man"s life such as: Descartes: my beliefs about objects in the world are fallible because. Discursive formations: every event has a cause (including human actions) The contents of my mind, mathematical truths how ideas are related, these are true by definition. ex: all bachelors are unmarried. Racism: black women were subjected to oppressions no white woman would have to endure. White women granted right to assume role of oppressor. Culture- shattered families no longer provide cultural armor needed. Hope- keeps hope distant, undermined by poverty based on inference from unreliable sensations, the evil demon can deceive me about these. In every society, language/discourse is controlled, selected, and distributed according to a certain number of procedures.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers