PNB 2265 Quiz: Prelab 4- Hemolgobin Oxygen Binding

49 views3 pages

Document Summary

Heme (with iron ion in the center) Objectives: introduction to spectrophotometry, calculation of sample concentration using beer"s law, determination of absorption maximum ( max, experimental tips for use of the spectrophotometer. Spectrophotometry: light source collimator monochromator wavelength selector sample solution detector digital display or meter. Absorbance proportional to concentration absorbance of electromagnetic radiation (light) I0 = the initial intensity of light: beer"s law: linear relationship between the concentration of solute in a solution and the, beer"s law: i=i0(10- lc, l c. = molar absorptivity (extinction coefficient) (l/molxcm) C = concentration of the sample (mol/l) ( max) is the wavelength of light at which a particular substance shows maximal: absorbance maximum ( max) l = optical path length through sample (cm) absorbance, optical density. Objectives: basic dynamics of hemoglobin-oxygen binding, oxygen-hemoglobin dissociation curves, determination of p50 from an oxygen-hemoglobin dissociation curve, effects of different physiologic conditions on hemoglobin-oxygen binding, comparison of adult and fetal hemoglobin, comparison of hemoglobin and myoglobin.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers