CLASS 130 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Blonde Joke, Lamachus, Unit

64 views12 pages
2 Dec 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Part i: the spelling of greek names is often influenced by latin e. g. lamachus rather than. Lamachos; cleon versus kleon; i try to use in my slides and in the study guide the same spelling as our readings, but they are sometimes inconsistent. 4: aggressive hierarchical laughter, skill: be able to deploy different theories of humor in interpreting homeric scenes. Archer, there is nothing i should relish more. Odysseus, irus, penelope, suitors: odysseus and irus wrestle as equals; odysseus wounds irus, suitors laugh. Odysseus, suitors, penelope, telemachus: the suitors joke as the old beggar is handling the bow, general characteristics of laughter in the odyssey, range of situations, homeric laughter and modern ethics. Demeter, persephone/kore, hades, hecate, helios, eleusis, keleus and metaneira, daughters of k&m, demophoon, temple, withdrawal and famine, zeus" intervention, pomegranate seed, reconciliation: the joking episode and demeter"s laughter, joking, sexuality and women in the cult of demeter. Sexual humor, lack of hierarchy, soothing, beneficial, productive.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers