BILD 3 Study Guide - Final Guide: Bild, Genetic Testing, Survivorship Curve

99 views3 pages

Document Summary

Learning objectives for bild 3, spring 2016 dr. sarah stockwell. Count a subset (sample plot) and multiply a. ii) create a proxy (a. ii. 1) Use genetic testing on hair of bird nests (a. ii. 2) Find things related to population but isn"t exactly counting individuals a. iii) mark recapture (a. iii. 1) Capture or count a second sample of animals (a. iii. 3. a) Check 400 pups (a. iii. 3. b. i) 50 have mark (a. iii. 3. b. ii) 400/50 = 8 x 200 = 1,600: given data from a mark-recapture experiment, calculate the estimated size of the population. (a. i. 1) Capture or count a second sample of animals (a. i. 1. a) mark 200 pups (a. i. 1. b) check 400 pups (a. i. 1. b. i) 400/50 = 8 x 200 = 1,600: sketch each of the three major dispersion patterns and identify the distribution of a population based on their dispersion pattern. Identify the factors that most commonly give rise to each type of dispersion: random a. i) position of each individual is independent of others, uniform b. i) individuals are evenly distributed (b. i. 1)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers