RST 100 Study Guide - Final Guide: Leisure Satisfaction, Outdoor Recreation, Hull House

126 views55 pages

Document Summary

Provides benefits that are important to life satisfaction and quality of life. Free time - time free of obligations. Full and rich life (quality of life) Demonstrate to residents that they live in a vibrant community. Presence of rst events/ facilities help communities attract businesses. Activity is done for its own sake. Desired for own sake, doing something for its own reason. Only portion of leisure activities happen without some degree of extrinsic motivation. Mixed emotions, leisure needs some aspect of intrinsic. Perceived freedom - initiation of behavior is attributed to self. Free to choose to discontinue or continue without repercussions. Most important things in free = friends/ family interaction. Spend money on toys on average 15% of income. Incredible amount of attention given to this concept. Simple concept with a lot of meaning. In most ways, my life is close to my ideal. The conditions of my life are excellent.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers