Chemistry
Course
CHEM 210
Professor
Brian Coppola
Semester
Fall

Description
Chemistry 210 Typical questions that can be answered based on learning in General Chemistry courses. I. Using precise language to represent atomic and molecular entities (also called atomic and molecular species). Using accurate representational forms to distinguish between the following: (a) bromide ion, molecular bromine, bromine atom (b) ammonia, ammonium ion (c) sodium ion, sodium (d) molecular oxygen, oxygen atom (e) hydrogen atom, molecular hydrogen, hydrogen cation (also called proton), hydrogen anion (also called hydride ion) II. Electron configurations and the relative stability of the closed shell electron configuration. Write electron configurations for the monoatomic species in Part I, and identify which have closed shell configurations. III. Lewis structures. Representing covalent bonds with lines, using "dots" (i.e., ":") for non- bonding electrons and charge-separated ions for ionic bonds, draw Lewis structures for the following: (a) ammonium bromide (b)
More Less

Related notes for CHEM 210

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit