Biology
Course
BIOLOGY 312
Professor
Goodenough
Semester
Spring

Description
Merrimac, MA 01860 603.819.8515 Cell [email protected] J. Parker Santa Barbara Animal Care Network P.O. Box 6594 Santa Barbara, CA 93160 Dear Mr. Parker, I discovered the Santa Barbara Animal Care Network’s Animal Care Assistant position while I was  searching for wildlife rehabilitation job postings. This position seems like the perfect fit for my  aspirations and experience in the wildlife rehabilitation field. I am currently a junior on the Pre­Vet track, pursuing a B.S. in Biology with a minor in Wildlife  Conservation at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Being in my third year, I have found various  environments to care for small and large animals, as well as wildlife.  I started working with wildlife last summer when interning at the York Center for Wildlife, a wildlife  rehabilitation center in Cape Neddick, Maine. While there, I was able to observe and assist in medical  procedures involving birds of prey, songbirds, reptiles, and small mammals. I also learned how to provide  daily care for all of these different species. My daily responsibilities involved feeding these animals and  cleaning their cages. Working with veterinarians in a variety of settings has given me a clear understanding of what the animal  care field involves and helped me gain valuable skills. At my current employer, Hampshire Veterinary  Hospital in Hadley, Massachusetts, I care for patients in the ICU that range from cats and dogs to roosters  and miniature horses. I feel comfortable handling the patients, and I have learned how to give oral  medications, as well as IV fluids, SubQ, and IM shots. As an Animal Care Assistant, I will be able to  apply the skills I have learned with more domestic animals to the wildlife housed by your facility. Through the use and improvement of the aforementioned skills, I would be an exceptional addition to the  Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network as an Animal Care Assistant. I would appreciate such an  opportunity and you will receive a call from me in the next week or two with further inquiry. Thank you  for your time and consideration. Sincerely, Chelsea Van Thof Chelsea Van Thof 181 Fearing Street Amherst, MA 01003 603.819.8515 Cell [email protected] Education: University of Massachusetts Amherst Bachelor of Science, Biology (Pre-Vet Track) Intent to Graduate 2013 Minor: Wildlife Conservation • Commonwe
More Less

Related notes for BIOLOGY 312

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit