GEOG 155- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 15 pages long!)

139 views15 pages
6 Oct 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Concepts and definitions of changed over time. Spatial perspective: observing variations in phenomena across the three-dimensional realm or expanse in which all material objects are located and all events occur. People make places i: we organize space & society, we interact with each other, we make sense of ourselves and others, techniques/technologies, geographers use fieldwork, remote sensing, gis, gps, and qualitative and quantitative techniques to i. ii. Explain differences across people, places, scales, and times: cartography: science and part of making maps, including data compilation, layout, and design i. The geographic grid: a system of interconnecting lines that helps to locate points (ex: absolute location) on the earth"s surface: geographic coordinate: a point on the earth"s surface found using a, latitude & geographic grid, latitude. Important longitudes (1) 0 degrees : prime meridian (2) 180 degrees : international date line (a) new day advances westward (b) ex: sunday/saturday: longitude.