[PSYC 181] - Final Exam Guide - Everything you need to know! (154 pages long)

62 views154 pages
29 Nov 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Intro to psychology: psychology, diverse field a. i. Sub fields: scientific study of behavior and mind b. i. Ex: thoughts, feelings: biopsychology, biological basis of behavior a. i. How brain process, genes, and hormones influence our actions, thoughts, and feelings a. i. 1. Focuses on how evolution shaped our minds and behaviors b. i. 1. Ex: mate choice, problem solving: neuroscience c. i. Focuses on brain processes and regions: developmental psychology, examines human physical, psychological, and social development across entire lifespan a. i. Ex: parenting styles affect children: experimental psychology, focuses on basic processes like learning, sensation and perception, and motivation a. i. a. ii. Not the only one that does experimental research: cognitive psychology, studies higher mental process a. i. Memory, judgement, and decision making, problem solving, mental imagery, attention, and creativity a. i. 1. Ex: best way to remember info for a test a. ii. Psycholinguistics is an area within cognitive that studies language processes a. ii. 1. Ex: best way to learn how to read.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers