MATH 126 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Electrical Network

11 views2 pages
MATH 126 FINAL EXAM December 17, 2012
INSTRUCTIONS
Answer all the questions. You must show your work to obtain full credit. Points may
be deducted if you do not justify your final answer. Please indicate clearly whenever you
continue your work on the back of the page. Calculators and other electronic devices are
NOT allowed. Books and lecture notes are NOT allowed. Turn off your cell phones.
You can use one self-prepared handwritten formula sheet (one piece of letter size paper,
both sides may be used).
1. [20 points] Determine whether or not the limit exists. If the limit exists find it, and
indicate clearly how you obtained your answer. If the limit does not exist give reasons why.
(i) lim
x3
x5243
x327 ,(ii) lim
x→∞ (xe1/x x),(iii) lim
x0+(cos x)1/x2.
2. [24 points] Evaluate the integrals.
(i) x2cos(πx)dx, (ii) 5x3
x3+ 3x2dx, (iii) x2
(1 + x2)3/2dx.
3. [16 points] Determine whether the integral is convergent or divergent.
(i)
2 + sin 3x
1 + x+x3dx, (ii) 2
x
1x2dx.
4. [20 points] Consider the region Rbetween the line y= 3xand the curve y=x22x.
(i) Sketch the region Rand nd its area.
(ii) Set up but do not evaluate an integral giving the volume of the solid obtained by
rotating the region Rabout the y-axis.
(iii) Set up but do not evaluate an integral giving the length of the curved part of the
boundary of R.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

You must show your work to obtain full credit. Points may be deducted if you do not justify your nal answer. Please indicate clearly whenever you continue your work on the back of the page. You can use one self-prepared handwritten formula sheet (one piece of letter size paper, both sides may be used). [20 points] determine whether or not the limit exists. If the limit exists nd it, and indicate clearly how you obtained your answer. 5x 3 x3 + 3x2 dx, (iii) x2 (1 + x2)3/2 dx: [16 points] determine whether the integral is convergent or divergent. (i) . 1 + x + x3 dx, (ii) 2. R = 3 meters is full of water. Find the work required to pump all of the water out over the rim of the tank. [you may leave your answer in terms of the density of water kg/m3 and the acceleration due to gravity g m/s2. ]

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers