PSY 352 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Factitious Disorder, Somatic Symptom Disorder, Microsoft Powerpoint

25 views11 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

I show a personality something and then i should to another personality and ask if they have seen it before; response: i have never seen it before (they have seen it but it was just shown to another personality) Inappropriate social interactions: restricted, repetitive patterns, repetitive motor or sensory behaviors, swinging, rocking Interested in spinning: like watching toilet flush, learning everything about trains or dinosaurs, can be advantageous but bad for functioning. Obsessive interests: without a label it is difficult to assist the child in their needs, language is typically intact, fit on diagnostic umbrella but don"t meet full criteria for autism or. Asperger: nonspecific or atypical autism , dsm 5, look at powerpoint. Asperger"s: creates world problems, when you place autism, asperger"s, and p. d. d. in one umbrella it creates problems, fewer services if i am labeled with autism vs. asperger"s vs. whatever, lots of kids will fall of the spectrum.