LAWS 2201 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Securitization, International Development, International Bar Association

50 views2 pages
15 Oct 2017
Department
Course

Document Summary

Hernando de soto"s apple is just an apple. As he explained last night in his keynote speech at the international bar association. Opening ceremony, the apple is nothing without its relationship through the laws and policies lawyers use to establish order in the globalised economy. Region: one more term, and you touched on it in your response, and that is property, which you describe in your book as pure concept. Please describe this understanding of property. de soto: sure, let me try. [at this point, de soto fishes an apple out of his briefcase and places it on the table. ] This is my apple, obviously, because i brought it out and there are three witnesses, including yourself. Now, it"s my apple, but nothing on it says hernando or de soto or from peru. Therefore, property is not the physical object itself; it"s something about the physical object. Basically, it"s a contract between you and me and our witnesses.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers