PSYC 215 Chapter Notes - Chapter 12: Spectral Sensitivity, Temporal Lobe, Spectral Power Distribution

34 views5 pages
14 Mar 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Colour is important for judging appearance of food: evolution of colour vision in uenced by need of ancestors to discriminate red-brown berries vs green background. Descriptions of colour make use of only three attributions: hue > colour itself. I. e. red or blue: saturation: purity of the colour based on how much neutral colour (white) is present. I. e. pink is a desaturated red: brightness: mostly closely to the perceived intensity of the light. A graphical representation of the hem saturation and brightness dimensions of colour: vertical axis = brightness, horizontal axis = colours of equal brightness but varying chromacity, center = white light. More started as moving out from the centre: hues are arranged around the circumference of the circle in order of similarity. Most colours are intermediate between other colours: i. e. orange = red + yellow. Four are unique > red, green, blue and yellow (cardinal directions of chromacity)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers