PSYC 2650 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Memory Rehearsal, Memory Span, Echoic Memory

60 views2 pages

Document Summary

Acquisition: process of gaining info and placing it into memory. Storage phase: holding the info into memory until it is needed. Retrieval: locate the info in the vast warehouse and bring the memory/info back into active use. Whe(cid:374) i(cid:374)fo a(cid:396)(cid:396)i(cid:448)es it"s sto(cid:396)ed i(cid:374) se(cid:374)so(cid:396)(cid:455) (cid:373)e(cid:373)o(cid:396)(cid:455) Short-term memory/working memory= place where info is held while working on it, limited in size. Then some info transferred to long term memory= larger and permanent storage place, holds all knowledge and beliefs, what you happen to think about. Getting info in and out of working memory is easy, content is fragile. Finding info in long term memory can be slow and challenging. Primary effect: remembering the first few words on a list, early words transform to ltm and greater chance to be recalled after delay. Memory rehearsal: practicing to memorize the words in sequence. Words later ion the list are rehearsed fewer times than those in the start.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers