PSYCH101 Chapter Notes - Chapter 7: Operant Conditioning, Coulrophobia, France 3

31 views4 pages
erinhyena970 and 37878 others unlocked
PSYCH101 Full Course Notes
PSYCH101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
13 documents

Document Summary

Acquisition: refers to the period during which a response is being learned. A stimulus that innately elicits a response (meaning no learning is required) i. e. food: unconditioned response (ucr) A reflexive, unlearned response to an innately important stimulus i. e. salivation in response to food: conditioned stimulus (cs) A stimulus that gains value through learning i. e. the sight of your favourite restaurant: conditioned response (cr) A response elicited by a stimulus whose importance depends on past learning i. e. feeling hungry when you see your favourite restaurant. Short delayed conditioning: cs still present when ucs present, optimal learning. Trace conditioning: gap in time separates end of cs and start of ucs. Simultaneous conditioning: cs and ucs presented at same time, slow learning. Number of pairing for the conditioned and the unconditioned stimulus. How reliability the conditioned stimulus predicts the unconditioned stimulus. The timing (temporal relationship) between the conditioned stimulus and the unconditioned stimulus.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers