MICB 202 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4, 7: T Helper Cell, Lymph Node, Dendritic Cell

39 views4 pages
21 Jul 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Immature dendritic cells are very phagocytic and are constantly sampling the environment. Alum salts are used to trick the de(cid:374)driti(cid:272) (cid:272)ell i(cid:374)to (cid:862)thi(cid:374)ki(cid:374)g(cid:863) the (cid:448)a(cid:272)(cid:272)i(cid:374)e is da(cid:374)gerous. The vaccine component (protein carbohydrate) encounters two different b cells in the lymph node. The bcrs of each b cell recognizes a different part of the vaccine. Both b cells received signal 2 from t helper cell become fully activated proliferate and start to differentiate. The plasma b cells will make the ab (that binds to the part of the vaccine that their bcrs recognized). If only the cho was used, the t helper (cid:272)ells (cid:449)ould (cid:374)ot (cid:271)e i(cid:374)(cid:448)ol(cid:448)ed a(cid:374)d the b (cid:272)ells" respo(cid:374)se would be weak. Topic 7: antibodies as tools in medicine and biology. Examples of the use of antibodies in medicine & research. Proteins that recognize distinct molecular structures and bind to them with high affinity. Useful tools in molecular biology, immunology and clinical laboratories.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers