HLST 1010 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Diminishing Returns, Internalized Racism, Scapegoating

108 views3 pages

Document Summary

Men and women belonging to specific groups are more prevalent to health challenges (i. e. aboriginal men and women more likely to live in poverty. ) Box 8. 3: homelessness has a life-threatening impact on women"s health. Being homeless greatly affects the quality of life of women. They are not safe or healthy which due to violence, mental distress and serious physical conditions. Since they do not have access to the health care or housing they need they are constantly exposed to stressors which overtime can compromise the immune system. These women are more susceptible to violence, prone to physical conditions and mental illnesses (i. e. depression, anxiety, suicide attempts). Canadian policy-makers have implemented convention to attempt to address and change the issue of ge(cid:374)de(cid:396) i(cid:374)e(cid:395)ualit(cid:455) (i. e. un(cid:859)s convention on the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women and the platform for actions).

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers