PSYC 1010 Chapter Notes - Chapter 16: New Class, Deinstitutionalisation, Fluoxetine

52 views4 pages
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

Clients engage in complex verbal interactions with therapists. a b. Goal pursue increased insight regarding the nature of client"s dif culties and sort through possible solutions. i. e. family/marital therapy. Behaviour therapy based on principles of learning. Make direct efforts to alter problematic responses (i. e. phobias) and maladaptive habits (i. e. problematic responses (i. e. phobias) and maladaptive habits (i. e. drug use). a. Biomedical therapies involve interventions into a person"s biological functioning, through drug and electroconvulsive (shock) therapy i. e. psychiatrist. 15% of population receives mental health service in a year. Reason"s people don"t pursue treatment cost, lack of insurance, stigma (personal weakness). 2 types clinical psychologists and counseling psychologists both specialize in diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders and everyday behavioural problems. Counseling treatment of everyday adjustment problems in normal people. Psychiatrist physicians who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders. a. Hospitals clinical social workers, psychiatrist nurses as part of a team.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers