PSYC 3310 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Fundamental Attribution Error, Psych, Social Isolation

77 views2 pages

Document Summary

Authentic-coerced false confessions: a result of a long or intense interrogation during which a suspect becomes convinced, even temporarily, hat she or he may have actually committed the crime. Authentic-voluntary false confessions: occurs when someone suffering from delusions confesses to a crime with little or no pressure from interrogators. Common law confession rule: the rule a judge uses to determine the voluntariness of a confession and its admissibility as evidence. Evidence ploys: a te(cid:272)h(cid:374)i(cid:395)ue used to st(cid:396)e(cid:374)gthe(cid:374) the (cid:862)(cid:272)e(cid:396)tai(cid:374)ty of guilt(cid:863) st(cid:396)ategy i(cid:374) interrogation. Police cite real or fabricated evidence that clearly establishes guilt. Exculpatory scenarios: the interrogation strategy of offering justifications or excuses for committing the crime. Works by redefining the act as less serious, or by shifting blame onto someone else, or by blaming the circumstances surrounding the act. Fundamental attribution error: the te(cid:374)de(cid:374)(cid:272)y to att(cid:396)i(cid:271)ute othe(cid:396) people s (cid:271)ehaviour to dispositional causes (e. g. traits or personality) and to dismiss the situational pressures acting on the person.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers