MGMT 311 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Millennials, Baby Boomers, Conscientiousness

30 views3 pages

Document Summary

Demographic characteristics: physical and observable characteristics of individuals, including: People from minority backgrounds are more likely to feel stress, threatened by stereotypes. Age (all four generations are represented in the modern workforce) Age is often negatively associated with learning due to motivation. Reverse mentoring: pairs senior employee with a junior employee to transfer skills of junior senior. Ex: seniors, baby boomers, generation x, millennial generation (generation y) Type a: impatient, competitive, ambitious and uptight. Machiavellianism: a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s ge(cid:374)eral strategy for deali(cid:374)g (cid:449)ith other people a(cid:374)d the degree to (cid:449)hi(cid:272)h they can manipulate others in interpersonal situations. The bullying personality: repeated mistreatment of another employee through verbal abuse; conduct that is threate(cid:374)i(cid:374)g, hu(cid:373)iliati(cid:374)g, or i(cid:374)ti(cid:373)idati(cid:374)g; or sa(cid:271)otage that i(cid:374)terferes (cid:449)ith the other perso(cid:374)"s (cid:449)ork. Personality comes from: genetic & environmental factors. The role of the situation: the relationship between personality and behavior changes, depending on the strength of the situation we are in.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers