CAS PO 111 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1-2: First Amendment To The United States Constitution, Supremacy Clause, Bicameralism

47 views10 pages

Document Summary

Tal dotan: the political landscape, time progressed and more people gained the vote i. Idea was to create a better america for each coming generation: faith in government has declined in the wake of 9/11, iraq war, invasion of afghanistan, etc, roots of the american government i. ii. iii. Government: entity in charge of maintaining, protecting and providing for its citizens. Citizen: member of the political community who is entitled to all the benefits, security and freedoms granted by its government. Politics: the process of how policy decision get made: external influences on government, media, parties and interest groups, functions of government i. To form a more perfect union : mechanism allowing people to solve problems in an organized and efficient manner, framework of the government, declaration of independence, bill of rights, pledge of allegiance, constitution ii. Establishing justice: set of principles by which citizens live by and ensuring rights for all, system of laws iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers