CHE 101 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Carnot Cycle, Digital Negative, Isolated System

20 views11 pages
3 Feb 2021
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

A system which can exchange both energy and matter with its surroundings. A system which permits passage of energy but not mass, across its boundary. A system which can neither exchange energy nor matter with its surrounding. Part of the universe other than system, which can interact with it. The variables which are required to be defined in order to define state of any system i. e. pressure, volume, mass, temperature, surface area, etc. Property of system which depend only on the state of the system and not on the path. Example: pressure, volume, temperature, internal energy, enthalpy, entropy etc. Properties of a system which do not depend on mass of the system i. e. temperature, pressure, density, concentration , Properties of a system which depend on mass of the system i. e. volume, energy, enthalpy, entropy etc. Path along which state of a system changes. Process during which transfer of heat cannot take place between system and surrounding.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers