ETHN 3212 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: The Notorious B.I.G., Roost Records, Homicide

211 views3 pages

Document Summary

When chickenheads come home to roost chapter 4 from fly girls to bitches and hos. Joan morgan writes a letter to hip hop. The summary is that morgan will always love hip hop, despite the abuse the genre has shown towards women more recently. Hip hop originated as the voice for a nation in pain. There were never any questions about women being marginalized, even if they were. However, morgan acknowledges that those days are long gone. Too many rappers have been spewing such vulgar language against women, you would think that they never even had mothers who raised them. Now, the anger of hip hop has been redirected inwards. Hip hop is not contradictory to my feminism, it is the key to our survival. Mo(cid:396)ga(cid:374)"s fe(cid:373)i(cid:374)is(cid:373) is a(cid:271)out (cid:271)la(cid:272)k o(cid:374) (cid:271)la(cid:272)k lo(cid:448)e. bla(cid:272)k o(cid:374) (cid:271)la(cid:272)k lo(cid:448)e is i(cid:374) se(cid:396)ious da(cid:374)ge(cid:396). It has gotten the community through a multitude of struggles but now it is fading.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers