PSYCH-101 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Social Comparison Theory, Goal Orientation, Psych

17 views2 pages

Document Summary

Task and ego orientations in sport questionnaire (teosq) nicholls & duda, 1992: ego orientation items (6 items) Normative social comparison: task orientation items (7 items, problem with semantics- ego oriented can still learn, used as more of a guide to see how highly ego oriented you are. Autonomous competence stage (age 2-4) undifferentiated: view effort, ability and outcome as the same thing, no concept of luck or task difficulty. Integrated (self- and social-comparison) stage (age 12) differentiated: clearly distinguish among concepts, no amount of effort can change outcome on luck tasks, ability will limit the impact of effort. I can"t physically jump that high: performance with less effort reflects more ability. I don"t have to try as hard to do this, therefore i must be good at it . Ascribe success to stable and internal factors within their control. Ascribe failure to unstable and external factors outside their control.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers