ANTH 1001 Chapter : 9 4 14 Anthropology

6 views7 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Genes are active ; chromosomes replicate (ie, duplicate) Centromere: middle portion of a chromosome that holds two chromatids together: prophase: Nothing of interest happens (according to dr. tague: metaphase: Results of mitosis: (1) two daughter cells are produced; each resultant cell has the diploid chromosome number. (2) both daughter cells are genetically identical to either the parent cell or each other. Ultimate function of mitosis: the production of genetically identical cells. Meiosis interphase, prophase i, metaphase i, anaphase i, Telophase i, prophase ii, metaphase ii, anaphase ii, telophase ii: interphase: Genes are active ; gene chromosomes replicate (duplicate): prophase i: Crossing over (recombination): exchange of genetic material between homologous chromosomes: metaphase i: Homologous chromosomes remain paired; non-homologous chromosomes align independently from one another: anaphase i: Centromeres do not divide: telophase i, prophase ii: The number of daughter cells produced (mitosis 2, meiosis 4: 2. The number of chromosomes in the daughter cells (mitosis diploid, meiosis haploid: 3.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers