MGT 4420 Chapter : Chapter 4 Outline

10 views7 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The nature of culture: culture: acquired knowledge that people use to interpret experience and generate social behavior. Rouge before game, chants: national culture handshake, original meaning: i won"t attack, i am showing you my hands, meaning: agreement, trusting, american culture, means and values, freedom. Priorities of cultural values: the us priority of cultural values wouldn"t surprise an american, freedom, independence, self-reliance, equality, individualism, competition, efficiency, time, directness, openness. How culture affects managerial approaches: centralized vs. Individual: personnel who do outstanding work are given individual rewards in the form of bonuses and commissions: u. s, group: cultural norms require group rewards, and individual rewards are frowned upon. Chapter 4: the meaning and dimensions of culture: stability vs. Innovation: the culture of others puts high value on innovation and change. Value differences and similarities across cultures: u. s. Values and possibly alternatives: depending on values, effects behavior and the way you manage.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers